Saturday, October 3, 2009

New Friends

Yesterday was a great beginning for the kids and I making new friends here in Amman. Rami's classmate, Yassin, has a beautiful family. His mother was very nice, and her English is very good! Hurray for me! They lived in the States for eight years, so her accent was easy to understand. We are about the same age and our children are close in age as well. It seems like a perfect fit.

We met at the fun center at the mall, then we had lunch in the food court. The kids had a great time.

Yesterday was also my first time going somewhere alone by taxi. It went so well. I am sure that the drivers were laughing about my accent, but who cares! I made it to the mall and back home with no difficulties. I felt on top of the world!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I just saw that you are following my blog and was thrilled to see someone else that moved here from Baton Rouge. We'll definitely have to meet when it's convenient for you. You can reach me at me1plustwins at hotmail dot com. Oh, and welcome to Amman!

    ReplyDelete