Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Neighborhood Shopping

The other day I decided to venture out into my new neighborhood to explore the shops. Layla and I left the house at 9am and walked down the street to the business section of our suburb. I could not believe what I saw! 95% of the stores were not open yet! We are definitely not in America anymore! Layla and I walked about a half mile before we turned around to go home. As we were walking home, stores were beginning to open.

I stopped in at a phone store to see if I could purchase international phone cards. I did it! I managed to ask for what I needed and the clerk understood my jumbled Arabic enough to sell me what I needed. Even though I was sucessful, I ended up purchasing 5 cards so that I would not have to go back for a while.

Raed said that he was sending a Vonage phone for me with a friend of his that is traveling to Jordan. Hopefully, I will have it in 2 weeks! No more phone cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment