Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Farmers Market

I love Farmers Markets. I love the whole idea behind them. When I was in America, I visited my local Farmers Market every week. I was able to purchase produce cheaper and be kind to the environment all at the same time. Win, win.

Yesterday, my sister in law took me to the equivalent of a Farmer's Market here in Amman. I was in heaven. The fruits and vegetables looked so fresh and tasty. I now have a refrigerator full of fresh fruits and vegetables for the equivalent of $12. If I bought that much produce from Walmart in America, it would cost me about $150!

I have blogged on MAHMAmissy about the issue of the expense of vegetables in America. If the American government subsidized the production of vegetables like Jordan does, maybe there would be less unhealthy people in America. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment