Saturday, September 12, 2009

Coffee Shop in Amman

Last night I had a fun night. Sana invited me to a birthday gathering for her friend at a coffee shop in Jabal Amman, the oldest part of the city and now a hip part of town. It reminds me of a college town in America, where the young people like to hang out. Anyway, the coffee shop was inside a revamped old, old, old building. Actually it was on the rooftop of the building. The view of the lights of the city was amazing. You could see about four hilltops from the roof of the coffee shop.

I met five of Sana's young friends. They all had just graduated college about a year ago. They were very nice, and all spoke adequate English. Enough English that I could acturally have an adult conversation. I have not had that experience in about 4 weeks! My only complaint was that I felt my age. I was a good 10 years older than all of them. Yikes!

I had a great time, and I hope I can do it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment