Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Mission Weight Gain a Little Too Much Fun

One year ago after teaching a year of KG2 then Grade 4, I was too thin.  I had lost approximately 20 pounds over the course of the year, because of stress and other factors.  This is a photo that was taken with one of my 4th Grade students.


Wow!  Look at my face!  I look like I am in my forties!  Yikes!

Last year began my weight gain journey to return to a healthier weight.  I was no longer working, so I had plenty of time to have fun gaining weight.  I think I had a little too much fun.  I only wanted to gain at the most 15 pounds, but as you can see by the picture below,  I think I gained more.


Wow!  A wake-up call and a demand to my husband not to bring us anymore suitcases of chocolate and candy when he comes for visits!

ARG!!!  I have a wedding to go to in 3 weeks, and I must look spectacular.  Ray is going to buy me an expensive dress, and I have to rock it!  So, now begins Operation:  Lose 10 Pounds.  With Ramadan ending this week, it will be easier to eat on a regular schedule and eat healthier.  I have also decided to resume Yoga for Beauty by Rainbeau Mars, the Dawn and Dusk DVD (Dawn in the morning, and Dusk in the evening).  I need to start walking, but I hate to walk in my neighborhood (I hate the young men that google me as I walk.  Very uncomfortable) and I have no car to drive to the park (Car in shop to fix the trunk from the accident).  I know what I can do!  I can walk the the 4 flights of stairs in our building for thirty minutes.

Change the subject.  Today, Ray and I are submitting the paperwork for my Jordanian citizenship.  I am so tired of dealing with the visa crap.  Every few months, Ray and I have to run around town to different government buildings, just so I can be in the country legally and not be charged fines.  It is such a hassle to get anything done here in Jordan.  It seems they make it as hard as possible to do the simplest things.  It is 100 times worse than dealing with the DMV.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment