Saturday, August 4, 2012

I Am So Sad!!!!!!!

Five months after moving to Amman, I met my best friend Debbie, quite by chance.  My sister in law was tutoring Debbie's girls, and Debbie needed directions to our house to pick up my SIL.  My husband gave Debbie directions and noticed her Southern accent.  He invited her upstairs to meet me!!!!  And thus began a beautiful friendship.  But alas, I have been given dreadful news.


Here is great picture of Debbie and I outside her old house last spring.  *Note to Everyone*  I am now a blond.

First of all, Debbie has been vacationing with her husband and 5 kids in Palestine for the last 3 weeks.  I miss her sooo much.  She is the friend that I talk with everyday, several times a day.  My husband came to visit us early because he felt bad that I would not have Debbie.  Sweet man!

My family and I are planning to visit Palestine next week, and I was making plans with Debbie to meet up in Jerusalem.  She then proceeds to drop a bomb!  She is not coming back to Jordan, she is moving back to America.  Illinois to be exact.  And get this, she is "leaving on a jet plane" on Monday, the day I am traveling to Palestine.  I am wigging out.  I will not get to see her and her family before she goes.  (*****Update:  She has postponed her travel date to next Monday!  Yeah!!!!  Had to get important papers from her home in Amman.  I will get to see her before she goes!!!!!!!!!)

She does have to return to Jordan and pack their things to be shipped, so I will see her then.  But her house is paid up til next summer, so I may have to wait a long, long, long, long, long time. And her husband is a lot like mine.  He may just say F*** it!, we will just buy all new stuff and not worry about the old stuff.  Please God, let that not be the case!

I am sooooo sad!  And I have to get ready for Rami's 13th birthday party, which starts in a couple of hours. Can you believe that I now have a teenager?  One more thing to be extremely sad about.  To be continued................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment