Wednesday, August 26, 2009

August 26 - To New Beginnings

My family and I are on a great adventure. Can we leave the comforts of Denham Springs, Louisiana, what we have known our whole lives, and live half a world away? Thrive in a place where the language and culture are so foreign to the American way of life? Who knows, but we are sure going to try our best.

On the morning of August 17, 2009, my husband, Raed, and I with our 3 children, Rami (*spelling changes in Jordan), Adam, and Layla, boarded a plane in New Orleans, Louisiana enroute to Chicago. After a long 7 hour layover in Chicago, we began the extremely long 12 hour flight to Jordan on a Royal Jordanian flight. Try to imagine a 12 hour flight with 3 small children. It WAS that bad. I was so happy when we finally landed.

It was late afternoon in Jordan when we arrived, but to us it was morning. Jordan time is 8 hours ahead of Louisiana time. Unfortunately, one of the bags did not make the trip to Jordan with us, and of course it was MY clothes that were in the lost suitcase. (It was returned to me 3 days later).

No comments:

Post a Comment